Racing Profit Booster – Days 18 to 22
Sgt Colin reviews Racing Profit Booster
Hi, Sgt Colin here, with my latest review for BettingSystemtruths.com. I am reviewing the Racing Profit Booster system, an arbitrage horse racing software package from the extensive Steve Davidson stable. The software automatically compares the odds on UK and Irish racing from 16 high street bookmakers (those on Oddschecker) with the lay bet odds on Betfair. It flags up where, after Betfair commission, you can make a profitable trade – i.e. the odds at the bookmakers are higher than the odds available to lay on Betfair.
I have been placing real bets (not simply book trading) where I have accounts (the majority of the bookmakers). This enables me to assess the risks of account closure / restriction from using the software. We made a good start in the first 17 days, but had my account with Stan James closed. I’ve continued to monitor their opportunities though.
I’ve made a note of times, numbers of bets available, and profitability for each day that I have used the system. Note that I have NOT sat in front of the computer all day every day to achieve these results.
Day 18 – 8th March
Not a good day today. Monitored results for 2 short periods – and placed one bet without being able to lay off at the correct odds. As a result, managed 3 bets, but lost £3.53
Day 19 – 9th March
Only able to look at the system for 10 minutes – had 1 bet, made £0.55
Day 20 – 11th March
2 periods when I monitored the system (lunchtime & late afternoon) – 1 hour 45 mins overall. 6 bets – and we would have taken £55 off Stan James for £15 staked. Made £1.26 from £40 staked.
Day 21 -13th March
Monitored the system for an hour today – 5 bets monitored (although none actually placed as I don’t have accounts). £0.86p made from £22 staked.
Day 22 – 16th March
Saturdays tend to be a boon period, and in 2 periods of monitoring (70 minutes from 9.40 and 20 minutes from 14.10) we found 15 bets, making £6.50 profit on £103.50 staked. Sportingbet have now limited my stakes to miniscule amounts, making it difficult to operate this approach.
So, over these 5 days we only made £5.63 – including £5 lost by a delay in matching a lay bet – staking £210.50. The average stake has fallen this week to £7.
Total profit has been £109 to date. Clearly in order for this to be cost effective as a stand alone system, you need to raise the stakes, but then you are in danger of having your bookies accounts closed. It seems to me that you ideally need to run this as part of a portfolio of betting tools, rather than the sole betting method. It would also seem to be most time effective on Saturdays, when there are plenty of meetings and more opportunities.